The Shore Grief Center has had the privilege of helping many children, teens and adults since its conception in 2012. It’s a privilege because parents and adults turn to us for help with their child’s grief or their own grief.
We like that we don’t charge for our groups but we do need your support so we can keep it that way. We feel that grief should not come with a price tag and are sure you feel the same way.
Can you support our mission of providing free grief support groups for all who need them? Here’s the link bit.ly/shore2013.
Hopes for 2014 include:
- Getting a place of our own so parents can bring their kids and have a meal before breaking off into separate groups. Parents need to have time to process their grief as well and they could do that while their kids are meeting.
- Teens need unique groups and we’d love to introduce photography into their groups. Photography is a great means of self-expression and a wonderful esteem builder.
- Funding to provide salaries for key staff members. This will allow time to provide groups for other organizations and at schools.
- A grief retreat for adults grieving a death.
- MORE groups!
Ready to donate? bit.ly/shore2013
We love events so more people learn about and share information about The Shore Grief Center (plus they’re fun!). Upcoming events that we’re working on:
- March – a Comfort Food Cook Off & silent auction in Wake Forest/North Raleigh
- April – a sponsored car show in Wake Forest
- May – a run perhaps?
- September – BBQ plate sale in Youngsville
- November – suicide and depression awareness walk in downtown Wake Forest
We invite you to sponsor an event to raise funds for The Shore Grief Center. We love to help you advertise your event but it’s time consuming for us to manage lots of events. Consider becoming a Shore Ambassador!
Thank you for supporting the kids, teens and adults who learn how to manage their grief with the help of The Shore Grief Center. We appreciate any amount you are able to donate. Thanks for helping us grow.
You can donate online at bit.ly/shore2013 or via mail. Make checks out to The Shore Grief Center and mail to 105 River Watch Lane, Youngsville, NC 27596.
Donations are tax deducible. You will receive a donation letter for your taxes. The Shore Grief Center is a 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit organization (EIN 46-0623348).
Thank you and Happy New Year!
Carolyn Zahnow, the Shore Board, and its many wonderful volunteers!